The project is alive ?

Feb 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM
The project is still alive ?
If the project is death and someone is interested to develop can post to give the avalialability to split-off the project.
I'm interested to developing it.

Thanks
Mar 13, 2009 at 2:16 AM
To be quite frank, I haven't got much experience in Directory Service programming.
But I'm eager to see this project alive somehow.

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM

>The project is still alive ?

Seems not :)

>If the project is death and someone is interested to develop can post to give the avalialability to split-off the project.

I’m currently using this project in my program. Probably I'll fix some issues, but actually I don’t want to develop this project. If someone will create brunch and give me access to sources, I’ll fix bug or two. Or I can create brunch myself and give access to anyone who wants to develop.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:02 PM
I'm using the project as well and had to do a few updates to fix the memory leak issues. However, in my project I removed the change-set tracking because it caused huge performance problems for us and I removed ActiveDs because I don't like working with COM directly :p. I also added support for Take and Order operations. Anyone know how I would go about branching this project? I reused a lot of the source code so i'm not sure what the ethics are behind branching it to another open source project.
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2010 at 5:21 AM

In fact a brand new version of LINQ to AD will appear fairly soon. I've been busy doing quite an extensive rewrite of the query translator as part of my day-to-day job. Check out http://blogs.bartdesmet.net/bart for some hints as to what I'm up to nowadays. While I can't give a firm timeframe just yet, I'd encourage you to keep an eye on the website.

Cheers,
-Bart

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Which calendar year is "quite soon" in?

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Any news, Bart?

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Im going to implement it in http://orchardopenauth.codeplex.com/ Could you tell us when your going to release a new version?

May 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Jetski5822,

You're welcome to use http://linqtoldap.codeplex.com/. However, I use System.DirectoryServices.Protocols to get broader LDAP server support so if you're use to just System.DirectoryServices there's a slight learning curve (if you want to dig into the internals).  If LINQ to AD gets updated I'll delete this post, but right now this project looks dead.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM
bdesmet wrote:

In fact a brand new version of LINQ to AD will appear fairly soon. I've been busy doing quite an extensive rewrite of the query translator as part of my day-to-day job. Check out http://blogs.bartdesmet.net/bart for some hints as to what I'm up to nowadays. While I can't give a firm timeframe just yet, I'd encourage you to keep an eye on the website.

Cheers,
-Bart

Hi Bart,

We're using  this project in several of our internal solutions and I've recently come up against the "special characters" issue and was wondering how soon is "fairly soon"? This post was quite some time ago and I'd really rather not have to assume the technical debt of pulling out your solution and replacing it with the LinqToLDAP solution. Please advise.

Thanks.

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:29 AM

jkinter,

Here's the extension method I use to clean filter values:

public static string CleanFilterValue(this string value)
{
    var sb = new StringBuilder();
    foreach (var curChar in value)
    {
        switch (curChar)
        {
            case '\\':
                sb.Append("\\5c");
                break;
            case '*':
                sb.Append("\\2a");
                break;
            case '(':
                sb.Append("\\28");
                break;
            case ')':
                sb.Append("\\29");
                break;
            case '\u0000':
                sb.Append("\\00");
                break;
            default:
                sb.Append(curChar);
                break;
        }
    }
    return sb.ToString();
}

You could call this on the value and pass in the result so you won't have to change your apps.  It's been a while since I've looked at the LINQ to AD source so I'm not sure where you could add this in there.  I hope this helps.